- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup olive, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 16 small corn tortillas (or so)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and drain fat.
- Add onion, garlic and bell pepper and cook until soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes, enchilada sauce, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan or 3 quart casserole.
- Fry tortillas.
- Put 1/3 of the meat mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish followed by a layer of tortillas, cheese and olives.
- (note: I cut some of the tortillas in half to make them fit better in the pan) Repeat layer and then end with sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.