Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got the idea for this casserole from another recipe on recipezaar, but I substituted so much that it's now an entirely different recipe. Tell me what you think! My family loved it--even my finicky daughter.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green pepper
- taco seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups colby cheese
- Brown ground beef. Drain, and add taco seasoning following the directions.
- Add onion and green pepper and cook until translucent.
- In a bowl, combine chicken soup, nacho cheese soup, milk and salsa.
- In a casserole dish, alternate layers of tortilla, hamburger, cheese and soup mixture.
- Top with soup mixture and grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
This was good and easy to make. I did make a few adjustments because I didn't have fiesta nacho cheese soup. I used cheddar cheese soup and added a tad more salsa then called for. The recipe didn't state what size pan to use so I used a 13x9 but next time I think I would put it in a smaller pan as I didn't think the burger went as far as it should. I also used more cheese then called for as we love cheese. This was a tasty, easy weeknight meal.
Great casserole...omitted the pepper and onion as DH won't eat them. Completely forgot the salsa :-( I used con tortillas..also added refried beans. Soo good, thanks for posting!
You won't be disappointed with thes quick and easy and oh so tatsty dish. Great when you want Mexican and don't want to spend a lot of time preparing it. This will make a repeat performance in this household! Thanks so much for sharing it, Creation!