Recipe by Creation
I got the idea for this casserole from another recipe on recipezaar, but I substituted so much that it's now an entirely different recipe. Tell me what you think! My family loved it--even my finicky daughter.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I did make a few adjustments because I didn't have fiesta nacho cheese soup. I used cheddar cheese soup and added a tad more salsa then called for. The recipe didn't state what size pan to use so I used a 13x9 but next time I think I would put it in a smaller pan as I didn't think the burger went as far as it should. I also used more cheese then called for as we love cheese. This was a tasty, easy weeknight meal.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green pepper
- taco seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups colby cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef. Drain, and add taco seasoning following the directions.
- Add onion and green pepper and cook until translucent.
- In a bowl, combine chicken soup, nacho cheese soup, milk and salsa.
- In a casserole dish, alternate layers of tortilla, hamburger, cheese and soup mixture.
- Top with soup mixture and grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.