Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
FRom another web site this is and easy way to get a tamale taste with out having the tamale hassle!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, for chili
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a 12x8-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until browned, stirring constantly.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, 1 cup cheese, corn muffin mix, eggs,.
- tomatoes, corn and chili powder and water; mixing until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake 20 minutes, sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking 5 minutes or until.
- cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
This was really good. Don't be afraid of adding too much liquid because it turns out fine. I substituted tomato juice for the water and added a little salt for our tastes. Great, easy, recipe!
I've had this in my recipe notebook for awhile and finally made this last night. It's definitely a keeper, easy and tasty! I didnâ€™t have corn, so had to leave it out, and also didnâ€™t have tomatoes for chili, so I used canned diced tomatoes and added 2 Tbsp chili powder, 1 Tbsp cumin, and 1 Tbsp oregano. Next time Iâ€™ll be sure to have corn on hand, and think I might also try adding black beans. Thanks for posting!
My husband LOVED this. I have to admit the water had me worried it wouldn't set up but it turned out great. It is much different from other Tamale pies I've made, and was a nice change. I did add salt and garlic to ours for personal taste. I also sliced up one can of black olives to go in because they are a favorite to my kis. Very yummy LAURIE thanks for the recipe!