Recipe by LAURIE
FRom another web site this is and easy way to get a tamale taste with out having the tamale hassle!
Top Review by Blondemensan
This was really good. Don't be afraid of adding too much liquid because it turns out fine. I substituted tomato juice for the water and added a little salt for our tastes. Great, easy, recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, for chili
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a 12x8-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until browned, stirring constantly.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, 1 cup cheese, corn muffin mix, eggs,.
- tomatoes, corn and chili powder and water; mixing until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake 20 minutes, sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking 5 minutes or until.
- cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
- Let stand 10 minutes.