Recipe by Angie Staiert
Good for parties. Easy to make
Top Review by Bobbie
I have a recipe that is practically identical to this -- so won't post it -- but rather just submit a review on this. This is a great, great appetizer -- believe me, it's guarantee to disappear fast!!! I always add a can of diced green chilies to the meat mixture along with the other ingredients. Plus in place of the small diced onion, I prefer to use several green onions, chopped up. The addition of the green part of the onion adds a nice decorative touch. Other toppings that I add are some sliced ripe olives -- and at the last minute, some chopped up avocado.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Spread on a 12-14" pizza pan.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Brown beef over meadium heat; drain.
- Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with lettuce, onion, tomato and cheese.
- Serve with chips.