- 6 green peppers
- 1 onion, diced
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 6 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 6 tablespoons egg substitute
- 6 teaspoons parsley, Chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut tops off of peppers and remove the insides.
- Cook in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Sauté Celery and Onion in Chicken Broth until they are soft. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Brown Ground Beef and drain.
- Add half of the Tomato Sauce & Onion mixture to Beef and mix.
- Turn off heat. Stir in Egg, Parsley, and Spices.
- Stuff peppers with the meat mixture and place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining sauce around bottoms of peppers.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with Tomato Sauce from the pan and Cheese.