Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is lower in fat and calories. Give it a try it's worth it.
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 3 small bell peppers
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- low sodium salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix everything together minus the bell peppers and enough cheese for a topping.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, rinse and dry.
- Stuff peppers.
- Sprinkle rest of cheese on the top of peppers.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until peppers are soft and cheese is melted.