Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from Campbell's Kitchen. Brimming with beef and vegetables, this rustic supper dish is served topped with a flaky pastry round. TIP: Tip: Puff pastry rounds and stew can be stored separately for up to 2 days. Refrigerate stew in a tightly sealed container. Place pastry rounds in a resealable plastic bag and store at room temperature. To reheat stew, combine stew and 1/4 cup water in saucepan and cook until hot.
- 0.5 (17 1/3 ounce) package puff pastry sheets, Pepperidge Farm, Frozen (1 sheet)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cube steaks, beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (18 5/8 ounce) can Campbell's chunky ready to serve vegetable soup
- 1⁄2 cup swanson reduced-sodium beef broth
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minute Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Cut pastry into 4 (4") rounds. Place rounds on baking sheet. Bake 12 minute or until golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Coat beef with flour.
- Heat oil in saucepan. Add beef and cook until browned. Remove beef and set aside.
- Add broth to saucepan. Heat to a boil. Add beef and soup. Cook over medium heat 15 minute or until beef is done and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Divide stew among 4 bowls. Top each with pastry round.