Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. The recipe was originally posted with microwave instructions. Based on talking with newspapergal, who made this during our Adopted Recipe Swap, I'm posting modifications for using the stovetop rather than microwave.
- 1⁄2 lb beef, Ground, crumbled
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti, Broken (uncooked)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 4 cups beef stock
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- In a large dutch oven, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients to the dutch oven.
- Simmer approximately 20 minutes or until spaghetti is done.
- Individual bowls of soup may be topped with some freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired.
This is really flavorful; we used the stovetop, as I don't like micro cooking, and it still cooked up in 30 min. Sauteed beef, onion, garlic, drained, then added other ingredients & simmered. Used whole-wheat angel hair pasta, & all other ingredients as stated. Really flavorful! Topped with a little grated parmesan. I will make this again. Good adoptee choice :)