Recipe by children from A to Z
This is from Simple & Delicious. Very kid friendly and tasty.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very good and very easy! I used the 1 tsp of chili powder and added 1 tsp of cumin, too. I added chopped onion to the beef. I found that after the salsa and beans were added, it wasn't as cheesey as I would have liked it. I then threw in a handful of shredded cheddar cheese and a splash or so of milk, and that helped it a lot. Thanx for a great kid-pleaser!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) package macaroni shells and cheese, dinner
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Set aside cheese sauce packet from dinner mix.
- Add shells and water to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10-12 minute or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, chili powder, salt and contents of cheese sauce packet.
- Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minute.