Recipe by jonesies
Pitas filled with a ground beef and rice mixture. Taken from "The Ground Beef" cookbook.
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 pita bread rounds, cut in half
- lettuce leaf
- tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and onion 6 to 8 minutes in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat.
- Drain fat; stir in thyme.
- Combine rice, red pepper, avocado and parsley in medium bowl.
- Add meat mixture; mix lightly.
- Whish together oil and vinegar.
- Pour over salad mixture; toss lightly.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Fill pita halves with lettuce, tomatoes and salad mixture.