Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Need an easy side dish for supper or church get togethers. THIS IS IT! So delicious. The beef flavor penetrates through the rice and is a must try.
- 1 cup long cooking rice (I insist on Uncle Ben's)
- 2 cans beef consomme soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- Place all ingredients in 1 quart baking dish.
- Stir well.
- Bake 25 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Stir and continue baking for additional 25 minutes.
Very good!! Ironically, I first tasted this dish at a church potluck & never tracked down the recipe. I just threw it all in the rice cooker. Even my rice-hating 2.5 yr old loved it... as did her rice-loving twin!! Thanks so much for shring..I'll definitely make this often!!