Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This casserole is better with lean ground beef. Quick and easy.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 14 inches prepared pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook first 3 ingredients and 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well, and return to skillet.
- Add 1/4 cup flour, stirring until blended. Stir in pasta sauce. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Unroll pizza crust, and place on top of cheese. (Tuck edges into baking dish, if necessary.) Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- *An 11.3-ounce refrigerated pizza crust may be substituted.