Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Love this pasta salad with the steak medium rare, Mmmm Nummy! Nice thin, tender slices!
- 8 ounces rotelle pasta (or other small pasta shape)
- 6 cups broccoli stems
- 10 ounces well trimmed sirloin steaks
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb plum tomato, quartered
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water according to package directions.
- Add broccoli spears during last 2 minutes of cooking, drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- Broil steak 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes per side for medium, or until done to taste.
- Transfer steak to cutting board and thinly slice across the grain, on the diagonal.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, basil, and salt in food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer dressing to large serving bowl.
- Add steak and any juices accumulated on cutting board and toss to coat.
- Add pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, and onion to bowl and toss again.
- Recipe can be made ahead and refrigerated.
- Bring back to room temperature before serving.
Ah, Dorothy, you hit it big time with this recipe. I printed it out and I took it on my camping trip; it was wonderful as a make-ahead meal. I used some leftover grilled sirloin, and refrigerated the salad. I took it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. It was easy to prepare, and it looked terrific. The gang all gave it "thumbs up". Thanks for posting this one.
I should have rated this a while ago. So sorry. I made this for a picnic and it was a very yummy meal. Easy to tote in the cooler and a complete meal in itself so all I needed was some fresh fruit for dessert. I even made iot the nite b4 and it held up well. Thanks for posting. We are going on a car trip July 4th weekend, I think I'll make it for a picnic lunch on the road. Thanks for posting.