Love this pasta salad with the steak medium rare, Mmmm Nummy! Nice thin, tender slices!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces rotelle pasta (or other small pasta shape)
- 6 cups broccoli stems
- 10 ounces well trimmed sirloin steaks
- 1 1/4 cups plain plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb plum tomato, quartered
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water according to package directions.
- 2Add broccoli spears during last 2 minutes of cooking, drain.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- 4Broil steak 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes per side for medium, or until done to taste.
- 5Transfer steak to cutting board and thinly slice across the grain, on the diagonal.
- 6Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, basil, and salt in food processor and process until smooth.
- 7Transfer dressing to large serving bowl.
- 8Add steak and any juices accumulated on cutting board and toss to coat.
- 9Add pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, and onion to bowl and toss again.
- 10Recipe can be made ahead and refrigerated.
- 11Bring back to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beefy Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 823.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 32.0 g