Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great and easy one dish meal when you're short on time and need something fast.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown beef. Drain off grease. Add olive oil, onion and green pepper and cook until vegetables are tender. Add pasta, water, tomato sauce, garlic,and salt.
- Cook for 14 to 16 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese.
Super fast and the kids loved it, which is always five stars at my house! I omitted the green pepper and used whole milk instead of evaporated because I was out. Great recipe for a busy weeknight that's as easy as, and so much better nutritionally, than one of those boxed meals. Also cheap, using ingredients always on hand. I would suggest fresh garlic, because it does add so much flavor. Also found that the skillet should be covered while cooking the pasta. Thanks, Liz, for a great recipe!
This was so easy to make, tasted delicious, my friends could not believe I had never made it before. A great recipe, thankyou.