Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was a grocery store discovery! Walking down the soup isle and said hey this might be good!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageof dry beefy onion soup (Lipton)
- 3 lbs roast, your favorite cut
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 (8 ounce) cans beef, broth-low sodium
- 5 small red potatoes
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots
- 1 small white onion
- Pre heat over to 375 degree. In a small bowl mix the mayo and the dry soup mix. Cut garlic into thin slices. Cut slits into roast and place garlic slices in the slits. Place roast in a racked roasting pan. Cover the roast with the mayo mixture. Add the veggies around the roast. Cook for 45 minutes at 375 then reduce to 325 and cook until roast reaches 150 degrees for medium rare.
- To make the gravy.
- Remove veggies and roast and place on a serving plate. Place roasting pan over two burners and add beef brother and reduce on medium heat for about 10 minutes, Add the flour until the desired consistancy is acheived.
- Serve roast with gravy.
Very nice and simple roast recipe, the flavor on the crust was so good - I've never thought of using mayonnaise before but this came out full of flavor, even the veggies were good. I was a little worried about baking on the rack as afraid it would be dry, so did add about a half a cup of water to the bottom before putting in the oven. The end result was a medium rare roast, with crispy potatoes and nicely spiced vegies. Made for a very nice dinner. Made for Spring PAC 2014