Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Beefy Noodles (Hamburger Helper Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 709.77 ml hot water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 29.58 ml dried onion flakes
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml marmite (optional)
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 226.79 g egg noodles
- Cook ground beef (with minced garlic) until no longer pink; drain.
- In a bowl, mix water, bullion, onion, marmite, Worcestershire sauce & cornstarch.
- Put cooked beef in a pot and add liquid and stir until boiling. Once it has boiled add half a package of egg noodles (8 oz) and cover and cook until the noodles have cooked and the sauce has thickened a bit, approximately 15 minutes.
I made this recipe almost exactly as stated except I didn't quite use all 8 oz of noodles or marmite. My sauce evaporated almost entirely and made the dish really dry. It could also use a bit more flavor. This would be a good recipe with a little tweaking. Thanks for posting.
My family really enjoyed this. I doubled the recipe as I wanted leftovers. I followed the recipe other then I didn't add the optional marmite as I didn't know what it was. The only thing I would do differently next time is to cut back on the noodles just a bit as my family likes more meat and less noodles but that is just a personal preference. My family enjoyed this so much- I didn't have any leftovers!
I followed the recipe pretty closely, except I used low fat/salt beef broth from a can & whole wheat elbow macaroni. But there was too much liquid leftover even after the pasta was tender. I didn't have the time to keep simmering to reduce the liquid, so I had to throw it all out. But I think if I'd had more time to simmer it, it may have worked out. Hence no stars-but a warning to anyone else to make sure to make the time to simmer it long enough, or use less liquid!