Recipe by NELady
Top Review by hungrymama
I made this recipe almost exactly as stated except I didn't quite use all 8 oz of noodles or marmite. My sauce evaporated almost entirely and made the dish really dry. It could also use a bit more flavor. This would be a good recipe with a little tweaking. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marmite (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef (with minced garlic) until no longer pink; drain.
- In a bowl, mix water, bullion, onion, marmite, Worcestershire sauce & cornstarch.
- Put cooked beef in a pot and add liquid and stir until boiling. Once it has boiled add half a package of egg noodles (8 oz) and cover and cook until the noodles have cooked and the sauce has thickened a bit, approximately 15 minutes.