Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted to make something quick and easy with what I had on hand in the pantry. DH enjoys green bean casserole, I had a package of beef flavored noodles, and one pound of ground round so decided to combine everything and make this a one pot meal. Served with Tricia Foley's Best Ever White Bread (Abm).
- 1 lb ground round
- 4 1⁄3 ounces noodles, Lipton's beef flavor
- 2 cups water
- 6 ounces mushroom gravy (I used Dawn Fresh)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces cut green beans, drained
- 1⁄2-1 cup French-fried onions, I prefer Durkee's
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Brown ground round until no longer pink. Drain if needed.
- Add package of noodles, water, and mushroom steak sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- Pour in cut green beans, french fried onions, and add pepper if using. Stir until combined and mixture is heated thru.
Very easy fast recipe to make and enjoy. I did a couple of things differently - Used fresh steamed green beans still a bit crisp. I couldn't find the Lipton's Beef flavored Noodles so I used 2 tbsp of Lipton Onion Soup, cooked Three peppercorn Fettachini separately.The meal came out Mmmmmmmm Thanks CooinQTGranny for a delicious dinner