Recipe by shugMN
This is a easy recipe that I found in a church cookbook that I have changed around a bit for my taste. It's a good throw together that can be left in the oven and forgotten about until chow time is near.
Top Review by evewitch
I thought that this was missing a bit as written. Bec mentioned that it was bland; since we hate bland food, I attempted to correct that beforehand. I added salt, pepper, and Recipe #16261 to the meat and vegetables while browning. I also used Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic and substituted beef broth for the water. The cooking time, although unusually long, was correct. I uncovered the dish for the last 15 minutes of the 1.5 hours. The recipe doesn't say what size casserole to use. I used a 9 X13 pan, but it was actually too big, and would definitely go for 11 X 7 (possibly even smaller). After all the tweaks, it was still a bit bland. I guess this just isn't for us.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken noodle soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or any cream soup you prefer)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces water
- 1 small onion, chopped (dehydrated onions work great)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (dehydrated peppers work great)