Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A friend gave me this recipe and I thought the combinationof the Sloppy Joe sauce and the soup was weird. I had all the ingredients in the house one day and figured I would give it a try. It was quite tasty.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can sloppy joe sandwich sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can mushroom
- 4 cups uncooked broad egg noodles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Boil noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile brown beef and onion till cooked.
- Drain off fat.
- Add Sloppy Joe sauce and soup to meat.
- Stir to combine well.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook til bubbly.
- Combine cooked and drained noodles with meat mixture.
- Stir well.
- Place mixture in greased 2 qt.
- Sprinkle top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
I thought this was great. I had leftover sloppy joe meat and leftover noodles and wanted to create something new. This is so good that it makes you want to have leftover sloppy joe meat just so you can make this for another meal! A lot more delicious than I would have thought it to be.
This is definately quick, easy, & cheap to make (for those looking for that) . . . . My daughter LOVED it (& she extremely picky) . . . However, my son & husband didn't care for it. I thought it was pretty good, myself.
This was good and easy. Didn't have any left. Thanks for the recipe.