Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is updated and corrected. Sorry for the confusion. I love to change this recipe. It tastes good even when altered!
- 1 (12 ounce) box bow tie pasta
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta and drain. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is done, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain meat and return to skillet (do not return to heat).
- Stir in tomato sauce, sour cream, cream cheese, sugar and garlic powder. Mix until blended.
- Place half of the cooked noodles in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish; top with half of beef mixture. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of beef mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes or until heated through.
The ingredents are confusing. First it says garlic power but in the directions it says garlic salt. Also 35 minutes is not long enough to cook the pasta. It was a tad crunchy, if any bow ties were shown on the side of the pan, they did not cook well at all. When I made this recipe and cooked the pasta first and combined it all, it tasted a lot more "put together."