Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another great hit with the guys!
- 6 flour tortillas, cut into eighths
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into eighths
- oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup veal stock
- 1⁄4 lb grated cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 lb grated monterey jack pepper cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup peeled seeded and chopped roma tomato
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Preheat the fryer. When the oil is hot, fry the tortillas in batches, until crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove the chips from the oil and drain on a paper-lined plate.
- Season the chips with seasoning. In a large saute pan, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the ground beef, stirring constantly. Season the beef with seasoning. Brown the beef with 2 minutes. Add the onions and continue to brown for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, and garlic. Add the stock and bring the liquid to a simmer. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the liquid reduces by 1/4. Remove the pan from the heat. Lay the chips on a large platter. Spoon the beef mixture over the chips. Sprinkle the meat with the two cheeses. Top the cheese with the lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and jalapenos. Garnish the nachos with the cilantro.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.