Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from www.tasteofhome.com
Make and share this Beefy Mushroom Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices bread, torn
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- hot cooked noodles (optional)
- minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine bread and milk. Add the egg, onion, salt and pepper; mix well. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in small batches over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add consomme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the mushrooms, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and bouillon. Add meatballs; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve over noodles if desired. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
My sister and I had them over egg noodles and they were just scrumptious. I believe the prep time took just a bit more than 15 minutes, but all in all whatever time it took it was worth it. We will be having these again. Thanks, Bell, for a fantastic meatball recipe.