Recipe by Katch22
Moist and delicious with just the right mix of seasoning. My whole family loves these.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) box cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- olive oil
- 14 sheets pasta egg roll wraps (1pkg)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pineapple-peach salsa
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef, with stuffing, broth, eggs, taco seasoning, salt and pepper in large bowl and mix as you would for meatloaf.
- Pour enough olive oil in frying pan to saute onions, garlic, and green pepper.
- Add meat mixture to sauteed vegetables and brown until fully cooked.
- Drain mixture and add tomato paste, mixing throughly.
- Place spoonful of mixture on egg roll skin and roll as you would for egg rolls. Use all meat and skins placing each roll in 9"x13" baking pan.
- Mix the jar of salsa with one cup water and pour over rolls.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until bubbly add shredded cheddar on top and bake until melted.
- Serve with sour cream. May also be made vegetarian by using refried beans instead of beef.