Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a super-easy recipe for those nights you don't want to spend lots of time in the kitchen. You can vary the ingredients based on your family's tastes. My mom came up with it one night by just throwing a bunch of stuff together that we had in the house.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (6 ounce) packages Mexican cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn (or cream corn)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Brown the ground beef, using spices of your choice to flavor. Drain with slotted spoon.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients, adding drained ground beef at the end.
- Follow cornbread package baking instructions or use following directions. Pour in greased 9x9 glass baking dish. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting. Makes 4 servings for a main dish or up to 12 individual slices for a side dish.