Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great time saver and who doesn't like mac and cheese with a little surprise?
- 1 (5 ounce) box macaroni and cheese mix (don't use the cheap mix)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter (not spread or tub product) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (not spread or tub product)
- 1⁄2 cup of diced onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Prepare your mac and cheese per instructions on the box. Set aside.
- Fry your ground beef the with onion added and add whatever spice you like.
- Garlic, Salt and Pepper are my favorites.
- After you drain your hamburger you can add the mac and cheese to it.
- Add your can of diced tomatoes, mix well and heat thru.
- If you want you can throw some veggies in the mix as well.
Great easy recipe when the pantry is getting bare. I wanted to add veggies, but was vetoed by my husband, who was cooking this. He decided to add a bunch of cayenne, so now he's the only one eating it, but before he did that it was really good! I'll do the cooking next time we make this one. Thanks for sharing a quick recipe idea!
This was a huge hit with my family! Added a bag of mixed veggies to it.
This is a fantastic budget meal. I used ground turkey and added 2 cloves of minced garlic. I did toss in some finely chopped mushrooms. The recipe makes lots. It was served with a side salad for a quick weeknight meal. Made for *PAC Spring 2008*