One of the best quick family-style mac and cheese casseroles I have run across.
Make and share this Beefy Macaroni and Cheese Bake recipe from Food.com.
- Cook macaroni in large pot of boiling salted water until done; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large frying pan and sauté onion until softened.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, oregano and salt to taste.
- Cook about 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together flour and milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue cooking 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir into meat sauce.
- Combine with macaroni.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 375° until golden, about 20 minutes.