1/3 Photos of Beefy Macaroni and Cheese Bake
One of the best quick family-style mac and cheese casseroles I have run across.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni in large pot of boiling salted water until done; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in large frying pan and sauté onion until softened.
- 3Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- 4Add tomatoes, thyme, oregano and salt to taste.
- 5Cook about 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- 6In a small saucepan, whisk together flour and milk.
- 7Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil.
- 8Continue cooking 1 minute.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
- 10Stir until cheese is melted.
- 11Stir into meat sauce.
- 12Combine with macaroni.
- 13Pour into prepared baking dish.
- 14Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- 15Bake at 375° until golden, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beefy Macaroni and Cheese Bake
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.7
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 202.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 26.3 g