Yum! You can't go wrong with this recipe. Country style mac and cheese loaded with ground beef and tomatoes! Very similar to chili mac. Taste the meat mixture, you might need to add more of the dried spices. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 serrano peppers (optional) or 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 28 ounces Mexican-style tomatoes
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste...I use a lot
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onions, garlic and peppers until meat is cooked and veggies are soft. Drain.
- 2Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, cumin, chili powder, oregano and basil.
- 3Gently add cooked macaroni and 2 cups of cheese into the beef mixture.
- 4Pour into a greased 13x9-inch casserole dish. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beefy Mac & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.4
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 166.1 mg
- Sodium 1417.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 52.4 g