Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yum! You can't go wrong with this recipe. Country style mac and cheese loaded with ground beef and tomatoes! Very similar to chili mac. Taste the meat mixture, you might need to add more of the dried spices. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 serrano peppers (optional) or 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 28 ounces Mexican-style tomatoes
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste...I use a lot
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onions, garlic and peppers until meat is cooked and veggies are soft. Drain.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, cumin, chili powder, oregano and basil.
- Gently add cooked macaroni and 2 cups of cheese into the beef mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-inch casserole dish. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F until bubbly.