Recipe by Gingernut
I found this on another website and it has become a family favourite. It's easy, healthy, and freezes really well. What more could you ask for? The original recipe calls for a small tin of sliced mushrooms, but I find a lot of people don't like mushies, so I leave them out.
- 500 g beef mince
- 354.88 ml dry green lentils, rinsed
- 236.59 ml carrot, chopped
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 709.77 ml water
- ground black pepper
- 9.85 ml beef stock powder
- 1500.0 ml vegetable juice cocktail (such as V8)
- 0.25 ml Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef, breaking up as finely as possible.
- Drain fat off beef.
- Place beef and all other ingredients into a big pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until lentils are tender.
- Serve with crusty bread and a dollop of plain yoghurt (or not!).