Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an inexpensive, easy to make meal that I came up with one night when I was in a hurry. It is very versatile and can be made to fit your family's taste. I like to brown the shredded hash browns first, but a friend of mine likes to put her's in right from the bag. This will satisfy the meat and potatoes lover in all of us.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 lbs shredded hash browns (use more or less to suit your taste)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon powder (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained (any kind you like)
- salt and pepper
- Fry shredded hash browns in skillet.
- While hash browns are frying, brown ground beef in a large, deep skillet or stock pot. As beef is browning, add diced onion. After beef is browned, drain (if needed) and sprinkle with beef bouillon. Add cream of mushroom soup and 1/4 can of milk. Stir until everything is well blended. Add green beans and let simmer until heated through.
- Add hash browns. If you like it to be a little thinner, add more milk. That's all there is too it.
- This dish is very versatile and can be changed to suit anyones taste. You could add/change any vegetables you like such as green peppers, corn, peas, etc., as well as experiment with different seasonings. You can even top off the dish with your favorite kind of shredded cheese and let it melt on top. I make this dish three or four times a month because it is so fast, easy and versatile.
I used 2 pounds of hash browns so I used a 1/2 Cup of milk, but it seemed to be pretty thick so added about another 1/2 C. before I was done. I omitted the onion, and used a can of mixed vegetables instead of green beans. Turned out pretty good. Like tater tot casserole in a skillet.
This was good and easy to make. I followd the recipe as written. We too thought it was a bit dry so I added another can of mushroom soup. This reminded me of my tator tot cassorle but easier to make.
Can't believe I hadn't rated this already, but I found this to be very tasty and satisfing, and very easy too, even hubby can manage to cook it :) THanks 4 sharing