Top Review by princess buttercup
My family Loves green bean casserole...Okay...I took a few liberties with this...I put the beans and soup in a sauce pan and simmered (added 2 tsp. soy sauce, salt and pepper) while I made the meatballs and put them in the microwave (4 minutes on high). Put the meatballs in the green beans, cooked for 5 minutes and served. Was really good. Will definetly make again (the short version) I'm gonna add french fried onions next time.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 slices bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 cans green beans, drained
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bread in milk, then add to ground beef along with celery, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; shape into small balls.
- Bake in a 325-degree Fahrenheit oven until brown; drain grease from meatballs.
- Combine meatballs and green beans in casserole dish and pour soup on top.
- Return to oven and bake at 300 degrees for 1 to 1½ hours.