Recipe by MizzNezz
I found this recipe in a home-cookin' comunnity cookbook. It's been a favorite for years. Easy weeknight supper.
Top Review by Luby Luby Luby
I added the green peppers to the meat mixture along with 2 tsp minced garlic and let it simmer for about 30 minutes uncovered to cook out some of the liquid. I love fresh grated parmesean cheese so I increased that to 1 cup. I didn't have a blend of italian seasoning so I added 1/2 tsp of basil, oregano, thyme and marjoram. I also added cayenne pepper to give it a little zing. I liked the contrast of the spicy meat mixture and the creaminess of the cheese mixture. The taste reminded me of stuffed canneloni only this is much easier to prepare. Oh, MizzNezz, you might have two recipes in one here. If you take your cheese mixture and tweak it a bit you would have a dynamite dip or spread.
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to pkg.
- Meanwhile, cook beef and onion, drain.
- Add tomato sauce, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In bowl, mix cream cheese, cottage cheese, parmesan, onion and pepper.
- Drain noodles.
- Put half the noodles in a sprayed 13x9 baking pan.
- Top with half the meat and half the cheese mix.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 35 minutes.