Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband is the most picky eater ever. He suggested this idea behind this recipe, and actually went for seconds. I thought it was really good too, but I feel guilty about all the cheese that's in there. Oh well.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons Cheese Whiz, heaping
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, PC Blue Menu
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in frying pan and cook onion and pepper about 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and salt and pepper.
- Cook until beef is no longer pink. Use a lid over the pan to help cook the pepper quicker. I didn't drain the grease, but you could.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water with salt to a boil and cook macaroni. Try to time it so that the macaroni is al dente by the time the meat is done, or cook meat first, then make the pasta. (I made the pasta first, and it ended up being a bit overdone by the time I was ready to put everything together.).
- Drain pasta.
- Add cheeses to the pasta and stir well.
- Add beef mixture to the pot, mix and serve.