Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had some leftover hamburgers and some cabbage in the fridge. I made this up for my boys and then "fibbed" that the green stuff was brocolli. Hey they loved it!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, cut into dice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Brown beef in oil and butter (or use leftover cooked ground beef).
- Add cabbage, onion salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook slowly until the cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and sour cream. Mix well and heat through.
- Transfer to greased casserole dish. Mix bread crumbs with butter and top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until topping is browned.
This was a big hit with my family, everyone enjoyed it. An easy and quick recipe. Will be making again. Doubled the recipe. Made as written using ground beef. Thank You. Made for ZWT7~Emerald City Shakers.
This is an easy recipe to make which is very filling. Everyone enjoyed it at lunch today. Made for ZWT - Switzerland
We really enjoyed this casserole and it was very easy to prepare, too. Although we liked the creamy sauce, next time I'll only use half the amount of sour cream as it seemed to "cover up" the taste of the ground beef and cabbage somewhat. With that change, this will go into my permanent recipe folder as an easy, delicious and economical recipe.