Recipe by mary winecoff
I had some leftover hamburgers and some cabbage in the fridge. I made this up for my boys and then "fibbed" that the green stuff was brocolli. Hey they loved it!
Top Review by MomLuvs6
This was a big hit with my family, everyone enjoyed it. An easy and quick recipe. Will be making again. Doubled the recipe. Made as written using ground beef. Thank You. Made for ZWT7~Emerald City Shakers.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, cut into dice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in oil and butter (or use leftover cooked ground beef).
- Add cabbage, onion salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook slowly until the cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and sour cream. Mix well and heat through.
- Transfer to greased casserole dish. Mix bread crumbs with butter and top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until topping is browned.