Make the compound butter way ahead of time and make lots...it has many uses as it can also accompany poultry and pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 lbs freshly ground beef
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil, for grill
- 1In a medium bowl, make compound herb butter by combining softened butter, thyme, sage, parsley, chives, and rosemary; this can also be done in a food processor.
- 2Turn out onto parchment or plastic wrap and roll into a log, 1 1/2-to 2-inches in diameter.
- 3Chill until firm, or freeze for up to one month.
- 4Heat grill or grill pan.
- 5Form 4 eight-ounce burgers, 1-inch thick.
- 6Cut four 1/4-inch thick slices of compound butter from the log. Make an indentation in the center of each burger, and place half of a 1/4-inch slice of compound butter inside.
- 7Reshape meat to cover butter, making sure it is not visible from either side; season both sides with salt and pepper.
- 8Oil grill with a small amount of vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
- 9Grill burgers for 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- 10Remove from grill and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beefy Burgers With Herby Compound Butter
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1103.7
- Calories from Fat 901
- Total Fat 100.1 g
- Saturated Fat 61.0 g
- Cholesterol 375.9 mg
- Sodium 143.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 51.2 g