Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick 3-ingredient main dish.If you like you can use about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sweet onion,just cook it with the ground beef.If you try this, and it seems too bland, feel free to add garlic powder or whatever else you would like to " PERK " it up.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) box beef flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 1 cup thawed broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup instant onion (optional)
- Brown ground beef and instant onion,until beef is no longer pink and slightly browned.
- Drain and add back to pan.
- In same pan, cook rice according to package directions. After adding water and seasoning packet, add the chopped broccoli.
- Finish cooking rice according to directions.
- Hope you like it as well as my family does.
This was alright, not a regular menu thing for us, it was quick and easy though!
Quick and Tasty perfect for my DH and DS thermos's for school/work a flavorable break from yet another cold sandwich or soup Thank You shapeweaver!
This is a great dish for a busy night and I had broccoli to use up. I used about 1 1/2 cups of fresh broccoli cut small and it cooked up just fine. I wasn't sure if you were supposed to "brown" the vermicelli but I did in a separate pan and then added to the hamburger and made the rest as directed. It's a keeper.