Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A yummy thick soup with hamburger, broccoli and chedder cheese. Serve on a chilly night in a bread bowl or with slices of thick crusty bread.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- salt and black pepper
- hot pepper sauce
- Bring broth to a boil in medium saucepan. Add broccoli and onion; cook 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in small skillet; drain. Gradually add milk to flour in small bowl, mixing until well blended. Add with ground beef to broth mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese and oregano; stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce to taste.
This was great! My husband loved it. Served it with Pepperoni Bread #25135. Thanks!