Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really hearty dip that's perfect for football watching parties. You can prepare this one day ahead and sprinkle with the cheese right before baking. Adapted from Paula Deen.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet, combine ground chuck and onion; cook over medium-high heat until beef is browned and crumbled. Drain well.
- Stir in cream cheese, beans and chiles. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until combined. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper jack cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with corn chips.