Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in the 2004 TOH's "The Best of Country Cooking. It was submitted by Rose Purrington of Minnesota. I needed a calorie count for this. Feel free to add more cheese if desired. Submitted by me to "ZAAR" on July 16th 2206.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans (I like to use Bushes original baked beans)
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Return to skillet and add beans and sauce.
- Stir occasionally until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and heat until cheese melts.
Adopted for PAC Spring '09. This was great comfort food. As another reviewer did, I added more cheese. Super dish with ingredients I usually have on hand. Thanks for posting.
This was a great winter night meal. The tator tots with it was perfect. My kids actually ate this. I didn't change anything. Just added more cheese!!
This was very good. My husband loves baked beans and thought that this was very good. Thanks for a wonderful easy recipe.