Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These enchiladas are for bean lovers, which we are. Makes a hearty meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (2 3/8 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili with beans
- 12 corn tortillas
- grated cheddar cheese
- Brown hamburger and onion in skillet; drain off fat.
- Stir in refried beans, green chilies and olives.
- Place filling in each tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam side down in 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Mix together enchilada sauce and chili with beans.
- Pour over tortillas.
- Top with cheddar cheese (we use quite a bit, as the cheesier the better).
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream as an additional topping.
This is definitely a man-pleaser kind of meal. I followed the recipe except I used green olives and homemade enchilada sauce. I got 12 enchiladas out of this with enough filling to make 3 or 4 more. I may use the leftover filling to make tacos. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
These were very good. I used turkey instead of beef, omitted the olives, used wheat tortillas, and a 8 ounce bag of cheese. Next time I will leave out the green chilies. I used 8 inch tortillas and only had enough filling for 8 of them not 12. I made these for OAMC and froze them before cooking them. After thawing them 8 hours in the refrigerator (I forgot to get them out the night before), they took an 1.5 hours to cook. Thanks for a keeper!
YUM! We really enjoyed this. I used chili beans instead of the chili with beans. I like the chili, but DH doesn't. Turned out good anyway. Will definitely make this again. Super easy! Thanks, Lainie!