Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These burritos can satisfy the pickiest eater. Very versatile! Can be frozen and reheated assembled or unassembled.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (14 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 flour tortillas
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic; then drain. Add all remaining ingredients except cheese. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool mixture to room temperature in the fridge.
- Unassembled: freeze mixture in bags. Thaw overnight, then heat meat mixture in a pan before assembling burritos. Bake at 250 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Assembled: spread chilled mixture on tortillas and top with cheese, then flash freeze and wrap individually. Microwave: Cook on high, 1 at a time for 4 minutes. Oven: Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 25 minutes.
Awesome. Made as directed, DH loves these, they are not staying in the freezer for long!
After biting into a hard mystery chunk in a frozen burrito from the grocery store, I decided it would be better to make my own. Tried a couple of recipes but liked this one best and have made it many times. I always double the recipe so we have enough to eat that night and freeze some. The hardest part is deciding whether to use the small or large size tortillas! No matter how many I make, they disappear quickly. Thanks!
Fantastic! I didn't have any jalapeno peppers, so I used mild green chilies. That was good decision because the salsa I had was extra hot and a little less heat in the peppers was a good thing. Super easy to make, and very tasty. Thanks!