Make a run for the border without all the unwanted fat! This uses a few unlikely ingredients, but is well worth it! You won't be sorry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup oatmeal (unlikely yes, but a must. It dissolves while cooking, you want even notice it but have to have it fo)
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 2 cups black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernel
- 1/3 cup monterey jack cheese
- 8 tortillas
- 1In a qt size freezer bag combine the meat and oatmeal. Seal the bag and knead the two together a bit. Squeeze out air (very important! Ice is the enemy in freezer meals. Flatten the bag, like a pancake.
- 2In a gallon freezer bag add, chili powder, cumin, dranied spinach, salsa, black beans, corn and salt and pepper to taste. Smoosh around to cimbine then squeeze out as mush air as you can.
- 3In a qt size freezer bag add the cheese. Seal the bag.
- 4In a large freezer bag place the meat, the salsa mixture, cheese and even the tortillas if you would like. I do so that my dinner "kit" as ready when I am.
- 5Thaw in fridge.
- 6In a large skillet, brown the meat mixture 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain if need be.
- 7Add in bean and spinach mixture and heat thru. Stir in cheese just to melt.
- 8Serve in heated tortillas.
- 9If you are plan on cooking this and not freezing, brown meat and oatmeal, drain, then add in other ingredients like above.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beefy Bean Burritos!
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 859.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 23.2 g