1/3 Photos of Beefy Bean and Vegetable Soup
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A wonderful hearty minestrone and even better the next day, I also like to add in fresh baby spinach at the end of cooking and simmer for a few minutes, this soup freezes very well --- the longer this soup simmers the richer it will be so don't be afraid to cook for a longer time, feel free to adjust all amounts to taste --- add in some cooked small shells at the end of cooking if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb bulk pork sausage (or use 1 pound ground beef)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 -2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups v- 8 tomato juice (or use regular tomato juice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 medium zucchini (sliced in half lengthwise then sliced into pieces)
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 -2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a Dutch oven cook the ground beef with pork and onion until no longer pink; drain fat.
- 2Add in fresh garlic, diced celery, chili flakes and Italian seasoning; cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- 3Add in crushed tomatoes, V-8 tomato juice, tomato sauce, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and red and white kidney beans, seasoned salt and black pepper bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- 4Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally (can simmer longer if desired).
- 5Add in zucchini and carrots and continue cooking until veggies are fork tender (about 20 minutes).
- 6Add in 1-2 teaspoons sugar and season with more salt and pepper (if needed).
- 7Mix in Parmesan cheese until heated through, then mix in the cooked shells (if using).
- 8Ladle into bowls and top with more Parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beefy Bean and Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.4 mg
- Sodium 865.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning