Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
...and it's fun to say, too!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups beef broth
- 16 ounces canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces hominy, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- onion, sliced thin,to garnish
- jalapeno, sliced thin,to garnish
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped,to garnish
- Brown the ground round in lightly greased skillet.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until the onion is lightly browned.
- Mix in the parsley, cilantro, and thyme.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a soup pot.
- Add the beef broth, pinto beans, hominy, salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with the garnishes.