Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this recipe from someone else (Mushroom Beef and Noodles), but I made so many changes and my grandmother wanted the exact recipe I had made for a family gathering. So to make it easier for her I am putting my version in. Thanks to "spookygirl" for the original recipe. I hope every one enjoys this simple recipe as much as we did.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 cup beef broth (or use a can of beef broth)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 lbs beef stew meat (cubed)
- 16 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- In crock pot combine all ingredients except for the mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- After about 6 hrs add all mushrooms. stir together then cover and cook for 2 more hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes. make it a complete meal by adding a side salad and some bread or rolls.
This was very good. I like salty dishes but this was VERY salty. Next time I will use low sodium mushroom soup and broth. My kids liked it alot as well. I served it over egg noodles. Thanks for sharing this!
I tried this last night and I wasn't sure what to expect because I've never had or used Golden Mushroom Soup before. I had ran out of French onion soup and the addition of 3 cans of soup seemed a bit much to me (I only used 2 lbs of meat) so since I didn't have french onion anyway I just used 1 can each of cream of mushroom and golden mushroom, 1 4oz. can of mushrooms, 1/2 a can (14oz) of low sodium beef broth, 1/2 an onion chopped and only 1/4 cup of bread crumbs. I think this would have been great over noodles or rice but I served as is and thought it was pretty good. I'd like to try it again using a beef roast rather than stew meat and just use the sauce as a gravy over mashed potatoes.(Mmmmm) Maybe I'll have to try that and post my thoughts on that later. Thanks!