Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of many ways of preparing beefsteak, this is my favourite one. The sauce is my invention, as I still believe (I have never found it in any cookbooks).
- 800 g beef steaks
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup brandy
- 150 g cream (20% fat, for cooking)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (green, dry, grounded)
- 2 teaspoons pepper (green, dry, berries)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Mix olive oil, grounded pepper and thyme. Pour the mixture over raw beefsteaks and leave in cool place for several hours.
- Heat the pan and fry beefsteaks for two minutes each side (if you like it bloody).
- Remove the beefsteaks to hot place, put pepper (green dry berries) in a pan, and pour brandy and flambé it.
- When the fire is gone, add cooking cream, mix a bit and pour it over the steaks.