Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Penzey's Spices website.
- 8 -12 ounces round steaks or 8 -12 ounces sirloin steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 3 cups dry pasta (bite-sized, photo on website used penne)
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing, base
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Slice steak across the grain into bite-sized pieces. Whisk together soy sauce, orange juice, pepper, garlic, ginger, and green onions. Toss beef to coat, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (can be prepared 1 day in advance).
- Bring 2 quarts water to boil, add pasta, and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While pasta is cooking, mix Italian dressing base with water, let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in oil and vinegar then toss with the cooked pasta in a large bowl. Let stand.
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat; add the oil. Remove beef from marinade, add to the pan and sear until browned (6-8 minutes). Stir while cooking. Liquid will start to come out of the beef; keep cooking and stirring until it has reabsorbed into the beef.
- Toss pasta again to coat with dressing, add steak, and toss to combine.
- Great eaten warm, or refrigerate until ready, then bring to room temperature until ready.