Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another version. These are traditionally served topped with a fried egg.
- 750 g ground beef
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced pickled beetroot
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix meat, mashed potato and egg yolks well, then gradually add cream.
- Mix in beetroot, onion and capers.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Saute in butter or oil until brown and cooked through.
- Serve with potato chips, coleslaw and tomato and onion salad.